RE: Silent Laptop

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:00:32 -0500

Good thought; on the inspiron series there are 3 buttons at the top
right of the keyboard.  They are very wide and thin, and separated from
other buttons into their own group of 3.

The left-hand one of these is the mute button, while the middle and
right are volume down and up respectively.  Unlike other systems,
pressing one of the volume buttons does not unmute an inspiron, so
you'll need to play with the mute button, and turn up the volume in case
it's too low.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange