Re: Silent Laptop

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:15:52 -0500

I know this message is a few days old, and I don't know if you've fixed the problem yet or not, but I also have an Inspiron. How long have you had it? I ask because they tend to get very hot, and after a while, I had to send mine back and the heat sync and motherboard had to be replaced. Basically, what happened was that it was getting hot enough to pretty much fry my motherboard, but the first thing to go was the sound, since it is integrated, so I was forced to stop using it before any more damage was done. Take care.

--
Julie Morales
I sell Avon, All Mixed Up gourmet mixes and candles and other scents from Scentsational Delights. Ask me for more specific information if you're interested!

Larry Stansifer wrote:
Hi Folks,
This morning while in the middle of a project my laptop simply quit speaking.. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Jaws 8 and windows-XP. A sighted colleague told me that I had the desktop and all of the windows functionality however, I get absolutely no sound not even Narrator or Windows load sound.
Any ideas how to make this thing talk?