Re: PDF "empty document" frustration

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:37:25 -0500

Sounds to me like you've got a document which contains scanned images of
text rather than typed text.  You need to do OCR on the image and convert it
to text.

Omnipage Pro will do a nice job of converting your document for you.  OF
course, if you have "Open Book", that should also do the job for you.  IF
you don't have any of those programs, you might find some kind soul who
would be willing to take the document and do the conversion for you then
send you back the result.  Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefooted,
Ray
Home phone and fax:
(985)853-0139