OT, a little, Norton System Works 2003 Question

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:18:37 -0600

Hi all.

I have a friend visiting me who is running XP home on her laptop computer,
and she's having trouble with Norton 2003.  She needs to un-install it so
she can re-install it and hopefully fix some problems.  I believe she is
using JFW 5.1 but it may be 5.0.

There's  just one problem though.  There is a Norton log file that won't
let her delete it, and she's unable to re-install Norton System Works 2003
until she gets rid of the Norton log file.  I'm not a win XP user, at least
at this point, but if anyone can give some suggestions as to how to get rid
of the log file so she can re-install her Norton 2003, she'd appreciate
it.  Otherwise, she has no antivirus protection at the moment.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

Jeanie