Re: Ms Word 2003 question

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:09:15 -0800

Hi Lina,

try this. Press Insert (Jaws key) plus num row 4. A list of such characters 
should come up. You can arrow down through it to explore what's there or, 
for a quick answer to your need of the moment, press the letter n and you'll 
have arrived at the lower case enya. Just hit Enter, and it will be inserted 
at your cursor position in the Word document.

Hope this helps. Just as an example, I'll type the Spanish word for autumn, 
below, with an n tilde (the enya character):

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Linda Yacks" <lyacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:39 PM
Subject: Ms Word 2003 question

Hi, I have a question.

When I was working a very long time ago (grin) I used Wordperfect.  There
was a way to type two characters on top of each other.  I think it was
called "strikeover".  Does anyone know how to do this in MS Word?  I have
searched the help screens and find no answer.  I am of the opinion that the
help area in 2003 is worse instead of better than previous versions.  I need
to type an "n" with a tilda over it.  This trick can come in handy every
once in a while.  Thank you.  Linda

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.12/1202 - Release Date: 12/29/2007
1:27 PM

JFW related links:
JFW homepage:
Scripting mailing list:
JFW List instructions:
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at:

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: