Microsoft Word and JFW

  • From: "John Ramsey" <stephnjohnny211@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:22:23 -0400

Hello Again,
I am also having a strange problem with Microsoft Word 2002 on my desktop
where I am running XP Home edition and JFW 8.0. Word takes at least one
minute or longer to open and close. It does this from an existing document
or if I  open Word from the desktop. I also have a laptop with Word 2002 and
XP home with JFW 7.1 on it and Word opens and closes with ease. I have 2gb
of ram on the desktop and only 512mb on the laptop and both are Pentium 4
processors, so there is no major differences in processor performance. Does
anyone have any ideas on how to speed this up?
Take care,
John