Jaws not getting along with Vista on my Del Laptop

  • From: "Ann Larson" <RTFan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:17:18 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am new to the list so please forgive me if this topic has been covered
prior to my joining.  According to someone I spoke to at Freedom Scientific,
nobody else seems to be having the problem so perhaps not (smile).

I am currently using Jaws 11 Beta to see if it would improve the problem I
am having but if anything, it is worse than 10.  Jaws works fine on my XP
desktop computer, but on my Del laptop running Vista I have a terrible time
while writing/editing email messages or other documents such as in Microsoft
Works , Notepad, WordPad, etc.  Jaws will read lines twice when I am down
arrowing, or it will repeat letters when I am arrowing across the line to
see if something is spelled correctly.  I also have trouble selecting words
to delete, etc., because it seems to be on one thing but is actually on
another.

Also, in Windows Mail, it incorrectly reads messages when I am in the list
view of any mailbox, causing me to sometimes delete messages I don't intend
to.  I love Jaws, but this is most annoying and I am hoping someone has some
suggestions for me.  My laptop has the numpad on the right-hand side of the
keyboard so I am using the desktop layout since I can use the same keys as
for a desktop.

One more thing...sometimes it appears that the control key or the shift key
gets stuck, causing many things to happen that I don't want.  When I unload
Jaws and load it back, the problem goes away.  I have used System Access To
go when the annoyance becomes too great, and I don't have the problem at all
with it, although I do like so many things about Jaws better that I would
much rather use it.

My apologies for the length of this post, and I hope I have been clear about
what's going on.  Believe me, if anyone else is experiencing...or has
experienced this, they will definitely know what I'm talking about (smile).
Any thoughts and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

Ann

It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you
It's what you leave behind you when you go.

"Three Wooden Crosses" from "Rise And Shine"
Randy Travis