Re: JAWS leaving out letters in the middle of words

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:06:54 -0700

Hi,

I too was having the same problem. Most of my problems though were in
outlook express. I would make sure that the screen was maximized but would
still have words missing letters. The best way I found around this was to
highlight the whole word and do a spell check on it. After the spell check
was done, the word would appear normally. If this did not resolve my
problem, I would try jaws key (insert) + esc to refresh the page. Usually
one or the other would make the whole word appear properly.

One other note is that I usually compose most of my emails in html format,
which is where I notice most of the missing letters. Some times I do compose
in plain text format. Usually most of my problems can be found while
composing in html, with less appearing in plain text format.

Chris, I downloaded the sp3 file like you suggested and have installed it
just to make sure it is there. I will see if that fixes some of these
problems I am having.

One last note. This newer system is an XP pro system using office 2003. I
have an older system using XP home with office 2002. both system using
outlook express 6. The newer system has more problems with words missing
letters.

Both systems using jaws 7.1 primarily, and IE 6 with all the updates.

rich