Re: JAWS and Braille displays

  • From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:45:57 -0500

Hi there, I have used a few braille displays. I like and use the alva
braille display. The reason I like the Alva the best is the dot firmness. I
will say that the focus has the best dot firmness, and the Alva has the
second best dot firmness. I didn't choose the focus because one I don't like
those wheels that fs seems to like so much. To me the wheels are awkward to
use. Also the focus just felt awkward to use while advancing from line to
line. The handy tech, which I believe is made by Braille Star is just awful.
One the manual is poorly written. Also the way they made their braille
display is very uncomfortable to use. The dot firmness on that braille
display is very bad even set to the highest firmness. Like I said the Alva
has the second best dot firmness. Also the way the satellite 544 is setup is
really comfortable to use. The placement of the advance keys is so that all
you have to do is just press your thumb on the bar. You don't have to move
your hands at all. Hope this helps.