Computer not tracking Jaws cursor

  • From: "Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:42:28 -0500

Hi Listers,

I downloaded Jaws 9.0.2152 with the hope it would fix the problem I've been
having with Vista Home Premium and my new Dell laptop.

But it didn't fix it.

So I called Jaws tech support.  Dennis said it sounds like my computer is
moving slower than Jaws, not keeping up with the Jaws cursor.

Let me describe the problem and see if any of you have some possible fixes
since we were not able  to fix it but I think we're on the right track.

When I'm in a text document or a Word document or even when I'm typing an email
in Outlook Express, the problem is the same.  After I have typed some text, I
then use the arrow keys to review what I have typed.  If I arrow up it reads
that line.  But then when I arrow down it reads the same line again.
It does this throughout the document so there's no way of knowing which line
I'm actually on at times.

It does sound like the computer is not tracking the Jaws cursor.

Dennis suggested it could be the Trend Micro PC anti virus software.  He
advised me to go into Trend and tell it to exclude jfw.exe when scanning.

I have not been able to figure out how to do that.  If someone can guide me on
doing this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Or if you have other ideas on what could be causing this then please share your
thoughts with me.

Any guidance on solving this is much appreciated!

Nancy

"Courage is the capacity to hear what others say is impossible and believe you
are the one to make it happen." -Nancy Shugart
Prove them wrong and succeed anyway.  Visit...
http://www.provethemwrong.com