Re: Computer not tracking Jaws cursor

  • From: Robert J Smith <rsmith247@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:32:40 -0400

Hi Nancy.  Here's something else you can try.  Go into control pannel,
accessibility options, type "d" for display tab.  Inside the display tab,
you'll find an option that has a cursor width designation.  Maybe it has
been set to something like 20 or more.  Reset the cursor width number to 0
or 5 or something much lower.  My Outlook Express was flaking and that
totally fixed things.  This works if you are running XP.

Robert Smith

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/28/2008 07:45 PM
Please respond to
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Computer not tracking Jaws cursor

The problem still exists.  After being out of town for a few days, let me
review what's happening.

I type a message in Outlook Express or NotePad or Microsoft Word.
I want to review what I've just typed so I arrow up.  Jaws reads that
line.
I arrow down.  Jaws reads the above line a second time.
If I arrow very slowly then the repetition does not happen.

Jaws tech support advised me to disable Trend Micro PC.  I not only
disabled it but I uninstalled it.

The problem continues to happen.

I am using Jaws 9.0.2152.  This problem was also happening with Jaws
9.0.552.
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

I always make sure the window is maximised.
And I am speaking of the PC cursor when I refer to it as the Jaws cursor.

It does make sense that the computer is not tracking the Jaws cursor but
the question is whyand how do I fix this.
Or maybe there's another reason for this to be happening.  I'm just not
sure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Nancy

"Courage is the capacity to hear what others say is impossible and believe
you are the one to make it happen." -Nancy Shugart
Prove them wrong and succeed anyway.  Visit...
http://www.provethemwrong.com