Re: Amazon.com, and JAWS 7.0

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 05:16:37 -0800

Hi,

I don't prefer, nor usually need to, use that "access" mirror site, which in
my experience isn't kept updated nor supplied with the right information
usually, and lacks other features of the regular site.  For instance, I went
through a period where I tried using this site for some searches and
purchases, but found, to my disappointment, that whereas the Super Saver
Free Shipping announcement appeared with every eligible item on the regular
site, there was no mention of this program on the "access" site.  I put
access in parentheses because I think that site was actually developed to
simplify Amazon's pages so they could fit more easily onto the tiny screens
of hand-held devices and newer cell phones.

Just a caveat.  But if this problem persists, the "access" site may have to
become part of a workaround for me, somehow, so thanks for reminding me of
it.