Amazon.com, and JAWS 7.0

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:11:58 -0600

        Hi folks

From the looks of things here, Amazon.com, one of my favorite sites on the net, no longer works with JAWS 7.0.
You click on a link to take you to the information page for a specific product, but instead you are taken to a page to buy a gift certificate.
From what I'm told, they made some kind of visual change to the site using javascript. It looks more visually pleasing, but JAWS doesn't display the page properly. so you press enter on a link thinking you'll land on one thing but you land on another.
So I'm going to call the customer service line on Monday because even i, a pretty compident JAWS user, couldn't find the contact us link. Well, i found the link but not the right page. Really frustrating.
If anyone else has had a similar problem, or if you give the site aa try and experience the same problem, I'd like to know. This way i'll have as much information as possible when I make my call.
Thanks.