[jawsscripts] pesky damn combo boxes, revisited

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:01:36 -0700

Ok, yall, as I think I explained in a previous post, I've got a combo
box which, when the arrow keys are pressed, not only give the item
focus but select it as well. The problem here is that, when one
presses a key, if the synth is not working or whatever, u get a dialog
box to that effect & then u gotta go back to the combo & select
something else. Real pita. So I tried collecting the objects contained
in the combo box into a list with dlgSelectItemInList. Works fine
until the item is selected, e.g., I'm havin trouble matching the item
selected in the list to the item selected in the combo box. I was
playin around w/a whole lot of stuff--SetCurrentItem, (works
intermittently but does not select), send message (doesn't seem to
work at all though perhaps I'm doing that wrong), click object by name
(says it works but doesn't), just trying to click it (object can't be
found).

Any1 got any brilliant ideas? Appreciate anything any1 has to offer.
--
Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: