[jaws-uk] Re: identifying cd types

  • From: "francis" <francisrwama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:48:43 +0100

Hi Francis.
hi Kevin,
The first thing the list needs to know is if the discs you're using are
CD-r's or CD-RW's.  It is a fact that most older CD players will not play
rewritable CD's as the reflective surface is just not sufficient for the
laser to read the disc. Perhaps if you could confirm this first we might be
able to help.

With regards to buying blank CD's, audio CD's are mainly purchased for use
in stand alone CD burners. That is, not part of a computer. Data CD's are
purchased for use with computers and can be burned as either audio or data
format.

you have answered my suspecions however I just wanted to know how to identify all these formats using the computer before burning them in the correct format.