[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 4.0

  • From: "Andrew Diaz Russell" <a.diazrussell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:04:42 -0000

Dear Graham,

My name is Andrew and I went blind four years ago. I have just heard about
you today and I am trying to ask questions about Jaws with certain
applications because I do not know how to solve them. I use Jaws 5.10 and I
have Windows XP and Windows 2000 in my laptop and desktop respectively.

I have tried several times but I don't get any replies, just the same
self-generated server message about commands or something like that. What
can I do to ask three questions?

1- How can I overwrite text in an existing power point presentation without
modifying the images? I have 50 presentations in Spanish that i have to
translate into English but I cannot manage it. I have no idea about Jaws
with Power Point so please, give step-by-step instructions...

I also have Nero but I do not know how to copy audio CDs. Are there any
keystrokes that I can use with Jaws 5.10?

Lastly, how do I generate automatic alphabetical lists for references and
indexs in MS Word 2000 with Jaws? I need to know that for a dissertation. So
far, I have managed manually but the list is increasing ever such a lot and
I am having to change it all the time that way.

Cheers to any who might be able to help. Forgive my ignorance but I am new
to being blind and Jaws especially. Easy step-by-step instructions will be
the best and do not fear being patronising: I know I do not know much about
this matter.

Thank you everybody in advance, Andrew.