[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 4.0

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:41:37 -0000

Hi Andrew,

As far as Nero goes, how you invoke the CD copy function may depend upon the
version of Nero you have and how it is set up.

I just press alt+f then d to bring up the CD copy dialog.

You will be presented with a number of items which, for the most part, will
be defaulted and you are probably best advised to leave them unchanged.  If
you tab through them though, you will arrive at the number of copies field
where you may overtype the default of one should you require more than that.

Now tab until you land on the copy button and press enter.

You will be asked to insert the disk you wish to copy and this will be read
but you will be given the option to check the track listings from an
internet database first.  You can cancel this dialog if you wish.

When the cd has been read it will be ejected and you will be asked to insert
a blank disk for writing the copy.

The last operation will repeat for the number of copies you have specified.

At the end of the writing phase you receive a message telling you that the
burn has been successful and you click the OK button.

A final dialog appears on which I usually choose the discard image.  At this
point the last disk will be ejected.

As for PowerPoint and Word, there are far more experienced people on this
list than I, to give you step by step instructions but it might help you to
have a look at the Jaws help pages for each application if only to appraise
yourself of all of the Jaws keystrokes available for the specific
application.

You can do this as follows:

When you need Jaws help on a specific application, hold down your JawsKey
which on a standard keyboard is the insert key, and press f1 twice in quick
succession.  You are presented with a help topic for that application.
Press enter then f6 to place the focus on the help information.  You will
have a number of links including one which will provide a list of Jaws
keystrokes specifically for that application.

Pressing alt+f4 will close the help system and bring you back to the
application window.

I hope this is of some help,

Phil Medway.