[iyonix-support] Re: problems with Internet and Iyonix

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:55:52 +0000 (GMT)

On 23 Feb, charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <2dddc8b94e.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Bell
>    <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <4eb9aea9e7tim@xxxxxxxxx> Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > In fact, I have checked and the exchange is only 1.7 miles by road.
> > > I don't know the route the BT cables take but it's unlikely to be
> > > under 3 km. That's a lot of copper.

> > Hmmm ... I'm about 1km from the exchange, straight down the main road
> > - I can walk it in about 10 minutes.  The lines to my house are 4.7km
> > long!  I get a speed of 2048.

> I'm about 2.25km from the exchange - fairly sure cables are direct - and
> my speed is 6272 at the moment.

The whole point being that:

1. At what many (over-privileged) people say is the edge of the boondocks
you can still get over a 1Mb connection.

2. It doesn't drop for long if at all.

3. You don't care how long you are connected as it is the same cost.

4. The big one ...   it works out cheaper than dialling up, connecting,
dropping, re-dialling etc and it is less frustrating.

No two ways about it, if it is available use it. It is cost effective
except for the rare people that do not connect each day. Any round here
that fit the bill?

--

Steve Pampling