[iyonix-support] Re: problems with Internet and Iyonix

  • From: Harriet Bazley <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:07:59 +0100

On 23 Feb 2007 as I do recall,
          David J. Ruck wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2007 Brian Ferris <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Im using DialUp 4.32 and Messenger 4.24 on an Iyonix 5.12.

[snip]

> >  " Internet module has suffered an unrecoverable error: rtfree (
> > running foreground process ) "
>
> However the above problems are all related to the internet stack problem
> signified by that error, which is not specific to dialup, although it happens
> at the same frequency for Hariett Bazley also on dialup, where as it happend
> once in 4 years for me on broadband. That could suggest the failure is
> provoked by higher latencies.

Related to this may be that I suffered the problem with *far* higher
frequency and at shorter intervals on the RiscPC than on the Iyonix -
now that I've got the Iyonix back, the Internet module errors are no
longer daily, let alone taking place within a few minutes of dialling
up.   Could it be related to the speed of the computer and/or connection
itself?

--
H. Bazley

Even a cabbage may look at a king.