[iyonix-support] Re: problems with Internet and Iyonix

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:44:03 +0000 (GMT)

On 22 Feb, Brian Ferris <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Im finding ( and could be an ISP problem too ? ) that its been a hit
> an miss thing regarding connecting to the Internet with a dial up
> connection. ( no Broadband )

I know it sounds a bit "broadband is wonderful" type of thing but is there
a solid reason for not putting in broadband (like no availability at the
exchange - rare these days) or are you worried about the cost?

If it is the latter then check the prices and check your phone bills
carefully. It takes almost no net use at all (and continual dropouts will
clock a fair bit of billing) to produce a phone bill that equals or exceeds
the typical broadband cost.

Saves you asking about general networking problems on the Iyonix list
then... :-)

[snip typical dial up connection problems]

--

Steve Pampling