[iyonix-support] Re: Vista

  • From: Nigel Willmott <nwillmott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 02:03:27 +0100

In message <62a527be4f.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4fbe204fa2lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In a dim and distant universe <4fbe1bb5adriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:
>>> Vista/RISC  OS networking seems to be a sore point.

[snip]

Some advance ...

> [snip]

> Well I have it working in a fashion.

> Paul is correct in that it seems to time out but it does transfer
> files in both directions but it takes a while and you do have to wait
> and click on some error messages. I have transferred files up to 1MB.

> It will only do this for files that are shared by all users and not if
> you set it up to access individual accounts.

This is with Vista Home premium SP1.

I have downloaded and added SP1 ... I can now get the Vista PC to link
to my Iyonix (with a prompt \\Iyonix) ... and transfer files.

But I can't get Omniclient to log on the Vista machine ... any clearer
instructions in how to set the permissions on the Vista? (C is shared
... C:\users is shared ...)

> I believe the issue may be that Vista an enhanced version of NTLMv2
> with encryption and though it can be set to use the older LM or NTLM
> protocols via Admin Tools the option is missing in Home versions and
> only available in Business or Ultimate ones.

> So if anyone has Business or ultimate versions it would be good to try

> Administrative Tools>Local security Policy>Network Security: Lan
> Manager authentication level> Change from "Send NTLMv2 response only
> to Send LM & NTLM -use NTLMv2 version security if negotiated".

> Doug

Nigel