[iyonix-support] Re: Vista

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:23:54 +0100

In article <374af4bd4f.Nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nigel Willmott
<nwillmott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anybody succeeded in networking an Iyonix to a Windows Vista
> machine?

> I have a new office PC - they only come with Vista these days - and
> can't use Uniprint or print via a network share, or access back up
> files ... Don't really want to reload with XP.

> At present I am using Omniclient on the Iyonix.

> Any help much appreciated

Vista/RISC  OS networking seems to be a sore point. Quite a few users
have tried but it seems fraught with problems. Have you tried Paul
Vigay's site - I believe he was going to write up some user notes
about this problem. I believe Paul managed to get this to work but
involved some nasty hacking of the registry. I'm sorry to be so
negative.

Can I also suggest you place your question on c.s.a.networking where
others might be able to give you some guidelines.

Regards

Richard