[iyonix-support] Re: USB external hard drive under Fat32FS

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:23:32 +0100

In message <5109f64bafJohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 18 Apr 2010 John Williams <JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <1f93f50951.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
> <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> So unless you spend loads of time deleting small files, the upgrade is
>>> well worth-while!

>> So is flashing RO 5.16 rather than soft loading it!

> So,

>         1. What is new/improved over 5.14 in 5.16?

THE fix to the RTC problem.

>         2. Where is the flash kit - I only saw the softload?

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles under ROMs
- miscellaneous, which is immediately below the ROM softloads section.

When you have downloaded it, open up the flash-iyo/5/16/zip archive
and double click !ROM516.  Then select "Full ROM" and, as per the Help
file, make sure you don't interrupt the process.

After installation, don't forget to remove !Clockfixer, install
!NetTime and run !Untardis http://www.alanwrigley.com/untardis/

Regards

Andrew

--