[iyonix-support] Re: USB external hard drive under Fat32FS

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:49:43 +0100

> Are you using the latest USB mass storage driver:
> http://riscos.me.uk/articles/New_Iyonix_USB_mass_storage_drivers_released/index1235.html
> ? If not, you might care to give it a try. (I saved the old module as
> 'SoftSCSI-old' in case of problems, which didn't occur). As it says in
> the TIB feature above, the performance uplift is marked.

I thought I would try it.  The website said I would need UnTarBZ2 in order
to unpack the download, so I downloaded that too, but I'm not sure how to
use it.  It did nothing as a data file, so I tried changing it to something
more likely, which sent the machine into paroxysms.  When I re-booted, I
had to clear out dozens of items from the print spooler queue before I
could get on and do anything.  I still haven't worked out how to use it.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://www.jaharrison.me.uk

Message sent from an Iyonix running RISC-OS 5