[iyonix-support] Re: Screen problem with flashed 5.16.

  • From: Jeremy Roberts <fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:26:28 +0000
On 18 Feb 2010, at 17:47, Peter Naulls wrote:

Jeremy Roberts wrote:
I've been using softloaded 5.16 on the Iyonix for several weeks with no problems. Finally felt emboldened to do the flash install.... and immediately hit a problem on reboot. :-( The screen mode comes up with '28' (according to 'Menu' on the iconbar screen icon). When I try to alter the screen settings with the 'Screen' option in 'Configuration', I get a window, 'Message from Screen setup', with the message: "Screen setup may have gone wrong. Click Continue to try to resume or Quit to stop Screen setup."
Clicking 'Describe' tells me "Component, 0xffffffff. does not exist."

[and snipped more description of problem - it's with 'Screen setup'.]

I don't know if this is a 5.16 problem per se, but rather an issue
with some of the newer boot components.  I saw this under a 5.15
softload when asked to try out a newer boot.   I provided feedback
at the time, but didn't file a proper bug report (probably I should
have).

Grateful to PN for the above: it looks like a legit 'problem'?

BUT I failed to spark anyone else's interest. :-((

After the great rush of interest when people started to flash the 5.16 I was anticipating some suggestions to help me with this problem.

Perhaps I should have said HELP! - I've a magazine issue to get out!! Can anyone help?

If I can't get a solution, can I restore an earlier 5.xx??

Since my first request on 18th Feb, I've found that Iyo has also lost internet access, doesn't recognise USB devices or caddy drives, can't make FTPc connection to the Mac (which I'm doing this on), and refuses to print, complaining that "Filing system or path JetDirectFS: not present".... even though it IS present, AFAICT.

Of course, I've checked - as far as I'm capable - that all settings ARE actually present and correct.

I HAVE found a number of files with the year date "2210". Bringing these back with StampIt to sensible past values has not made any difference.

Broadly, the poor old Iyo is stuffed. :-((((

JR.

Jeremy Roberts

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support