[iyonix-support] Re: Screen problem with flashed 5.16.

  • From: Jeremy Roberts <fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:58:45 +0000
On 21 Feb 2010, at 13:10, John Ballance wrote:

Hi

The answer IS simple

Something in predesk, that is a folder or an application, is failing. It is ALPHABETICALLY listed before Configure. an error in an app or folder!Run will stop all subsequent things from being run...

Probably, in my experience, something like !Quickfiler or !Aemulor, or anything else that is 'sensitive' to the version in use.

Other possibility: do *unplug and check what is unplugged .. module order is slightly different in 5.16

*unplug says no modules are unplugged.

JB

Right - many thanks to JB and others who gallantly came to offer aid to the drowning Iyo-ist.

I've now got a lot further, I think - removed some bits from 'earlier' than Configure, including !!Softload.

Should that last have been auto-deleted by the flashing of 5.16? Or did I miss that /I/ had to do it??

Now I think I've got everything back - or at least I haven't found anything else amiss, so far...

Phew - grateful thanks to you folks for pointing me in the right direction.

Will do the !Reporter business later, as suggested by SF.

JR.

Jeremy Roberts

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support