[iyonix-support] Re: Screen problem with flashed 5.16.

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:10:53 +0000

Hi

The answer IS simple

Something in predesk, that is a folder or an application, is failing. It is ALPHABETICALLY listed before Configure. an error in an app or folder!Run will stop all subsequent things from being run...

Probably, in my experience, something like !Quickfiler or !Aemulor, or anything else that is 'sensitive' to the version in use.

Other possibility: do *unplug and check what is unplugged .. module order is slightly different in 5.16

JB
John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

John says: Shrink household bills by up to 30%? -> Have you looked here?

Too Much Month at the End of the Money? Look at this!

Jeremy Roberts wrote:
On 21 Feb 2010, at 12:26, Jeremy Roberts wrote:

Jeremy Roberts wrote:
I've been using softloaded 5.16 on the Iyonix for several weeks with no problems.
Finally felt emboldened to do the flash install.... and immediately hit a problem on reboot. :-(
The screen mode comes up with '28' (according to 'Menu' on the iconbar screen icon).
When I try to alter the screen settings with the 'Screen' option in 'Configuration', I get a window, 'Message from Screen setup', with the message: "Screen setup may have gone wrong. Click Continue to try to resume or Quit to stop Screen setup."
Clicking 'Describe' tells me "Component, 0xffffffff. does not exist."

Have made some progress with the SCREEN problem above:

I found in !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Configure just two files, a '!Run' file, to run a 'Monitor' file which consists of:

"LoadModeFile BootResources:Configure.Monitors.Acorn.AKF85
WimpMode X1280 Y1024 C16M"

Running the !Run file with a double-click DOES bring back my accustomed screen, but how can I ensure this Run file is run properly at startup??

[Other problems as in previous e-mail still to be solved.]

JR.

Jeremy Roberts

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group,visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support