[iyonix-support] Re: Screen problem with flashed 5.16.

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:07:23 +0000 (GMT)

In article <bc2f1aed50.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> Voltage measurement alone will not detect irregularities, you would
> need a scope & probably have to have the meter calibrated,,

I - the first person to identyify a power supply problem - made my
diagnosis with a simple digital voltage meter.  Mind you, in my case the
voltage was hopping between two states, so it was obvious without a 'scope.

I was going right back to my first lesson as a maintenance engineer "Before
you do anything else, check the power supply".

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16