[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjamas still.

  • From: Harriet Bazley <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 01:38:22 +0100

On 11 May 2006 as I do recall,
          Ewen Pring wrote:

[snip pyjamas]

> It happens maybe 2/3 of the time on power up of this machine, reset
> button allows it to boot OK second time.

I've only seen 'pyjamas' once, but this machine is still failing to
detect the video card on a not irregular basis, which simply results in
a permanently blank screen and the necessity to reset and boot up all
over again.   Maybe one time in six or ten.

> I can cope with that, but it is embarrassing for others to see my
> showcase RISC OS computer apparently unable to start reliably.

Yes, it is embarrassing.

In the instructions I left for my father as to how to access the e-mail
while I was away, I had to include 'what to do when it fails to start
up', by which he was not terribly impressed;  and when I came back ten
days later, I gathered that he had in fact been subject to this problem
several times.   It's not much of an advertisement....

--
H. Bazley

The best way to keep your friends is not to give them away.