[iyonix-support] Re: Grey network

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 19:07:19 +0100

[I've smartgroups->freelist-ed this]

In message <85034f1d4e.jbwork@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jbwork@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4E1D302BFA%andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>           Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > <URL:http://www.iyonix.com/updates/disc.shtml> does not appear to make
> > it particularly clear what the appropriate way is to get to a
> > 'current' disc image if you are having to catch up.
>
> follow the updates in chronological order .. leads you to current disc
> image.. else contact sales and buy a current backup disc..

AFAICR when I wrote the quoted message, it was the various updates
with 'superseded by...' which appeared to make it less clear what one
would *need* to download. The safest route would obviously be to
download them all and apply consecutively.

If (in the case of the original poster) it was a hard disc failure, it
might be entirely possible that you would require some of the (** OLD)
files (as shown by IGetUpdate:boot to which all of the displayed
updates point) including Printers 1.72.

You need to look at the 'Disc updates' page and then refer back to it
after clicking the link (which opens IyoUpWatch) to figure out what
you wanted to get.

Also, despite <URL:http://www.iyonix.com/updates/roms.shtml> claim
that 'Earlier ROM images are no longer available', IyoUpWatch will
offer 20051007ROM510rel10.zip for download.

'Backup. Backup. Backup.' would appear to be the moral of the tale.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be disposed of.