[iyonix-support] Mouse pointer colour

  • From: Ewen Pring <ewen.pring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:02:25 +0100

Dear group,

Is there a way or application to change the colour of the desktop
mouse pointer from its default 2-tone blue? A user has trouble finding
the cursor on screen as it blends in with greys for them. This should
preferably remain permanent, i.e. not be affected by starting desktop
apps.

In the sprite pool I found an icon 'ptr_default' but this is grey, so
I assume the blue gets set somewhere else and so changing that sprite
to contain colours would make no difference.

From Google I have so far only found some mentions of programming
calls, which I don't understand or use. RISC OS Select claims support
for configurable cursor colour in the WindowManager of Select release
3i2 ( http://select.riscos.com/SelChanges/All/WindowManager.html ) but
I assume that isn't an option for the Iyonix.

Many thanks

--
Ewen Pring, St. Albans, Herts
using Iyonix,  RISC OS 5