[iyonix-support] Re: MP 3 Player - Error Message

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:09:08 GMT

In message <1202309850.47a9cada3a93e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quoting Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> In message <354a8e6c4f.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> At 1 GB, it can't be too big.
>>
>> Thats good then, can rule that out.
>>
>>> Did you plug it directly into the Iyonix or via a hub?
>>
>> Initially just via a hub, but just tried it direct into the Iyonix and
>> the same result.
>>
>> Does the fact the icon appears suggest it could work ? or is it a red
>> herring ?

> The icon appears because the USB stack has seen the new device, read
> its descriptors and seen that it is the mass storage class (8) with
> subclass 6 and protocol 80, which is a class it can understand - at
> the lowest level, i.e. it knowns how to issue commands to read sectors
> etc.  At this stage it knows nothing about the organisation of the
> data on disc (FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, etc.).

> Assuming you have some files on it, have you tried using !ROFS to read
> them?  The results may at least be instructive.

I haven't put any files on it, but there a number of files already on
there which include PDF manuals. So there is something on there
already, whether these files could be causing a problem or not I don't
know ?

I have just tried it with !ROFS and the stats given for "Drive 0" are
as follows

Volume label - er choice a
bytes per sector - 29216
sectors per cluster - 101
bytes per cluster - 2950816
Reserved sectors - 30068
Number of FATs - 114
Sectors per FAT - 17749
Sectors in root dir - 32
Base of root dir 1004403766
FAT type - nd retur

Also when I first click on !ROFS with the MP3 player plugged in I get
the following error message

Bad block size, must be 256/512/1024 in "ROFS" (error 43) at line 3700

cheers

Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com