[iyonix-support] Re: MP 3 Player - Error Message

  • From: Peter van der Vos <peterthuis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:02:53 +0100

Op 8-feb-2008, om 13:40 heeft dave higton het volgende geschreven:

Quoting C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In message <1202463185.47ac21d1e32f0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
Probably got the wrong end of the stick, but feel I have been here
before?
I think I was told to connect it to a PC, save the installed files
re-format drive to FAT 16, re-install files. then connect to Iyonix &
load your files. All at your own risk!

I don't think it would work in this case. !ROFS can not read anything from the device. The data was just an uninitialised datablock. Maybe ! ROFS could clear it's datablock before reading and then check if it get 0xAA 0x55 at the end of the block to see it read the master boot record correct.

If it's just a storage device, that should be OK.  If it's a media
player or the like, then I'd be very wary of doing so, because the
player's firmware may well require a very specific organisation of
the filing system, otherwise it won't work.  If that happens, it's
going to be very difficult to get it working again.
Agreed.

Peter
--
Peter van der Vos