[iyonix-support] Re: E.U. Banning sales of Iyonix

  • From: Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 23:01:35 +0100

>Is there a way around the problem, or is there an Iyonix 2 on the horizon. I
>would so badly like to know, as I do want another of these fabulous machines
>at next years Wakefield show, so that I can have a go with the networking
>from RiscOS to RiscOS (among other things).

This is disconcerting news, but also, I heard some time ago that Intel
were considering ceasing production of the X-scale Processor. Have they
confirmed this change in policy, and if so, do Castle have an
alternative processor they can use in the Iyonix?

Pete
From: Pete                             Email: egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Composed on a Castle Technology Iyonix Computer (RiscOS 5, version 5.11)