[iyonix-support] Digital Switchover and TV Card

  • From: Robin Hounsome <robin.hounsome@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:53:25 +0100

In article <9386764b51.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The recent posting on here offering a free TV Card, made me wonder how
> (or if) my TV Card in my Iyonix will work with the digital switchover?

> Does anyone know if can be made to continue working? I suspect that it
> may become obsolete after the switchover? I can probably live without
> it , but it would be nice to have it keep running.

As far as direct off air is concerned it's obsolete.

You could however buy a cheap Freeview (or Freesat) box and take the comp
video from the box into the TV card.

If it's the SAA7134 version of the TV card you've got, it will allow you
to view in widescreen.

You can also watch DVDs and video tapes by the same route

HTH

Robin

--
Remote - http://www.hounsome.org.uk