[iyonix-support] Re: Digital Switchover and TV Card

  • From: "IAN.HARTLEY" <ian.hartley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:01:14 +0100
On 23 Aug 2010, at 21:53, Robin Hounsome wrote:

>> Does anyone know if can be made to continue working? I suspect that it
>> may become obsolete after the switchover? I can probably live without
>> it , but it would be nice to have it keep running.
>
> As far as direct off air is concerned it's obsolete.
>
> You could however buy a cheap Freeview (or Freesat) box and take the comp
> video from the box into the TV card.
>
> If it's the SAA7134 version of the TV card you've got, it will allow you
> to view in widescreen.
>
> You can also watch DVDs and video tapes by the same route

I use to have a video recorder connected to the cards normal ariel so I could
watch sky upstairs with a video sender.
When I moved house (half mile away) I could not get it to work until I bought
another gizmo to covert scart to ariel, it did more than that it can change the
normal video channel to any other .

Ian