[iyonix-support] Re: Changing Time and Date

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:06:03 +0000 (GMT)

In article <279f26834f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
<pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2008  Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > The instructions at http://www.sparse.net/faq-iyonix.html where
> > you add extra lines to the User obey file in Choices:Internet
> > don't seem to work.

> It works perfectly here with the lines exactly as on that page. I
> have:

> Set Inet$NTPserver  ntp1.npl.co.uk RMEnsure NetTime 0 RMLoad
> System:Modules.Network.NetTime

> added into the file !Boot.Choices.Internet.User

> and I have the NetTime module in
> !Boot.Resources.!System.Modules.Network but I had to create the
> Network directory before I could do this.

> I wonder if the module isn't being found in Richard's setup; what
> does *Help NetTime show?

Thanks a lot for getting back to me on this one Peter - much
appreciated. A gremlin has crept into the FAQ - NetTime should be
placed in !System.Modules.Network not !System.500.Modules.Network.
Otherwise NetTime is simply ignored by the RMLoad command (perhaps
someone will confirm this comment).

I'm not clear why I didn't get an error - I thought that was the
purpose of RMEnsure to check that the module is present.

Your reply made me look at it again. It is now working correctly -
horrah!!!!!

Best regards

Richard