[iyonix-support] Re: Changing Time and Date

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:10:21 GMT

On 18 Mar 2008  Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <9c0205824f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 18 Mar 2008  Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> If your ISP does not have a time server then you could use what
>>> seems to be a public time server from the National Physical
>>> Laboratory:-

>>> ntp1.npl.co.uk

>>> or

>>> ntp2.npl.co.uk

>> Thanks; I used to use one of those with Freetime, but it seemed to
>> have stopped working.

> I tested to see whether ntp1.npl.co.uk was working OK by setting my
> clock with Organiser to something very wrong. When I rebooted my
> computer the time was reset correctly.

Odd. It works with NetTime but not with Freetime. No idea why, but
thanks for doing the necessary test for me, which I've repeated.

BTW, I don't think NetTime doesn't do the DST correction that Freetime
does, so I've set Organizer to do this. Is this correct?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Er       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.