[iyonix-support] Re: Changing Time and Date

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:03:48 GMT

On 18 Mar 2008  Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <ed6bff814f.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bernard Veasey
> <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <bff7fa814f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Dr Peter Young
>>           <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Sorry! Just found the full instructions on
>>> http://www.sparse.net/faq-iyonix.html and am just off to do just
>>> that!

>> And if your broadband comes from PlusNet you can set the following at
>> the end of your !Boot.Choices.Internet.User file:

>>  | Set Clock from Internet Time Server
>>  Set Inet$NTPServer ntp.plus.net RMEnsure NetTime 0.35 RMLoad
>>  System:Modules.Network.NetTime

> If your ISP does not have a time server then you could use what seems
> to be a public time server from the National Physical Laboratory:-

> ntp1.npl.co.uk

> or

> ntp2.npl.co.uk

Thanks; I used to use one of those with Freetime, but it seemed to
have stopped working. I've just tried them both again with Freetime,
and I get nothing but a timeout. Some time ago, someone suggested
ntp.demon.co.uk which I have been using since, and which now seem to
work with NetTime too (I'm not sure how you know this is working,
apart from intermittently checking with Freetime!).

> More info here:-

> http://www.npl.co.uk/upload/pdf/user_guide_its.pdf

Thanks, I've downloaded that, and it makes interesting reading.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.