[iyonix-support] Re: Changing Time and Date

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:53:19 +0000 (GMT)

In article <74b35a824f.HzN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > > Many thanks; I'm just getting used to NetTime, and there
> > > doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation with it.
> >
> > > With best wishes,
> >
> > *help nettime

> I added the folder !NetTime to !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks
> Inside is the NetTime module and a !Run obey file containing

> Set Inet$NTPServer ptbtime2.ptb.de
> RMEnsure NetTime 0.35 RMLoad <Obey$Dir>.NetTime

Many thanks for this information.

Unless a final line is added to the above...........

Filer_Run ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.!NetTime.NetTime

NetTime doesn't seem to do anything. To test I used Alarm set to an
erroneous time - rebooted the computer and waited for the correct time
to be displayed.

> You want to replace ptbtime2.ptb.de by a time server closer to you.

I used the National Physical Laboratory server....... ntp1.npl.co.uk

The instructions at http://www.sparse.net/faq-iyonix.html where you
add extra lines to the User obey file in Choices:Internet don't seem
to work.

Regards

Richard