[iyonix-support] Re: CD-ROM drive not found

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:01:58 GMT

In message of 17 Jan, RJT <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <45ACE8B0.70603@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > RJT wrote:
> > > I don't use CDs a lot. But now when I try to, both drives give an error
> > > when I click on the Icon:   CD-ROM drive not found
> > >

> > often you'll get this on first click.. but click again and it'll behave
>
> No effect on these drives!

Well.  My DVD-drive would not work from power-on.  I clicked on it,
nothing.  I clicked on it again, still nothing.

So I pressed the reset button (at the front, not the power switch at the
rear).  And it now works.  RISC OS 5.12.  CDROMFS 1.67.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/