[iyonix-support] Re: "CD-ROM drive not found"

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 20:21:21 +0100

On 23/09/2012 20:12, charles wrote:
In article <4dc1d5d352.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    Jim Nagel <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I asked this in c.s.a.misc but drew a blank there.  Maybe somebody on
this list knows the solution.
My Iyonix has one CD drive showing on the iconbar and a disc is in the
drive (LED lit up when I inserted it).  Clicking the iconbar produces:
      Message from CDFS Filer
      CD-ROM drive not found
The commands *modules and *rommodules show several items called
CDFSxxx.  None of them are dormant and nothing is unplugged.
Among the active modules is CDFSsoftATAPI, which was the key to the
same "not found" situation on the RiscPC (where this module was
unplugged), but that isn't the magic bullet here on the Iyonix.
Any advice, please?
as I said on the other list. "in my case it was a faulty drive.2

That is also what I'd expect .. if uncertain, why not try the drive on another platform. If it works there, then ok.. if it doesn't, then point proved.

John
--
Stop press! Just announced - Price Promise

Broadband from £2.99/month, no tie in
# Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923