RE: Mail problems with ISA

  • From: "redex" <soporte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:17:56 -0600

MessageHi John, got rid of the Enternet Software and installed RASPPPOE, now am
able to send mail to some addresses and receive mail from some addresses, why ?
I read the guide entitled ""ISA Server 2000 and DSL by David Fosbenner"" and he
says this:

" Find Your MTU Size
Determine the MTU size that you need using this command from the ISA server:
ping -f -l 1400 and then keep increasing it... he says 1432 was the good one
and you said 1408 ???  what do I need to ping, the external ip address or what ?

ping -f -l 1400 200.67.98.184 which is the ip the DSL modem got and it worked
ping -f -l 1402 200.67.98.184 worked
ping -f -l 1403 200.67.98.184 worked
ping -f -l 1408 200.67.98.184 worked
ping -f -l 1432 200.67.98.184 worked

Isn't it supossed to ping fine only on one of this numbers or what am I doing
wrong ?

Also, now I have to meet complex password requirements when creating new users
but I never enabled such things, why is this happening ? only thing prior to
that was:

The Wan Nic was listed at the top on the advanced configuration and was  unable
to create users then I moved the Lan Nic to the top and am able to create users
but they all need to have complex passwords, did the order of the network
adapters caused this?

Thanks a lot.