RE: Linux vs ms article

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:53:02 -0800

Calm down Bill.

This discussion is how it pertains to the OS and software in the way of bugs
and security.

If a murderer is on the loose in my neighborhood, it is the responsibility
of the police to get the word out and find him. They notify me about it and
tell me to close and lock my doors at 10:00 AM. I go to bed at 8:00 PM and
leave the back door unlocked. He comes in and murders me. It is my fault
because I knew the door should have been locked, and I did not lock it.

OF COURSE, the root cause of my death is the murderer. (Like duh.) But I
have to accept responsibility because I did not follow instructions, and not
blame the police. That is what the discussion is about, whether or not to
blame the police.

RANT ON:

No, I won't go there. Yet...

RANT OFF: