RE: Linux vs ms article

  • From: "Bill Kuhn - MCSE" <bkuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:06:17 -0600

Yep - here it could be anything from an assortment from Smith and
Wesson, Colt, Browning, Springfield Armory, JC Higgins, and on and on. I
absolutely believe that you are your last line of defense and that your
life is worth more than the bad guys life. Actually I lean toward the
pre-politically correct version of morality that says my life, health,
rights,  and property are worth more than the bad guy's life, health,
rights or property. I wouldn't hesitate to drop an intruder on my
property if I was under the impression he intended to do harm.

Back to my original post - I believe there is a line between right and
wrong (obviously a belief that predates the hand-wringing
self-deprecating politically correct mentality). The people who commit
the crimes are wrong. All others are victims or potential victims. That
doesn't mean that victims and potential victims should not defend
themselves - quite the opposite (see first paragraph). It just puts
blame on the bad guys.