Re: IP Addresses on DMZ

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:13:57 -0400

Possibly you could set up a back to back network,
    bind all public IP's to the internet NIC,
    set up semi-private IP's for "DMZish" servers (web,exchange,etc)
    then set up another isa server for your private network.

cost , additional server and licensing for ISA.
But you can work with the IP's you have now.

I think that would be they way I did it.
I actually built my "little" network with ISA just on the internet side, and
no second ISA server.
Not the best way to do it, and I'll likely hear about it, but I don't have
any private network clients to worry about, it's just there to serve web
pages, receive e-mail, etc.etc.

After all, if it does get hacked, most (if not all) of my servers would have
been in the DMZ anyways. Once that's compromised, they I imagine anything in
the DMZ is fair game.
Then again, I'm not a hacker YET, perhaps I should brush up on it... Makes
for a nice career in network security :)

Regards,

Mark