RE: 403 Forbidden

  • From: "Doige, Clayton" <clayton.doige@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:42:12 +0100

OK, OK, letting my frustrations rule the Vulcan mindset. I put the public name
as an IP Address that is associated with the public interface of the ISA, which
in this case is a DMZ IP of 10.*.*.*, and that does not work. I thought this
would work as the external firewall is doing dynamic NAT from the public IP
which will remain secret to protect my short comings that seem to be readily
apparent here. I can open that website via IP directly from the ISA server
itself.

So, as that did not work, I tried giving the Public Name the IP Address that
the external firewall, a Watchguard Firebox X 1000 with Fireware Pro software
(does all sorts of whizzy loadbalancing amongst multiple ISP's that I am not
using yet) and this still does not work.

I very much appreciate your taking the time to help me out here, so ask away to
clarify what the heck I am doing wrong. For the sake of clarity, I am going to
make some IP Addresses up to try an illustrate the settings I have in place,
and I will sub reserved IP's for what I am actually using (assume a 24 bit
mask).

Firebox X 1000 Public IP 192.168.0.1 NATS  HTTP to 192.168.1.1.
ISA 2004 External IP 192.168.1.1
HTTP Publishing Rule Public Address 192.168.1.1
To Web Server Address:  192.168.2.1
The listener is therefore configured to listen on 192.168.1.1 and pass this to
192.168.2.1

Combined with the settings in my earlier posts does this give you an idea of
what I have set, and what might be missing? I am trying to access the site from
a remote site that has no physical connectivity to my test bed other than on
the public net. I have also tried to access the site directly through the ISA
from (for example) 192.168.1.5, and get the same result, thus the X 1000 is not
the issue.

So, 192.168.0.1 should take you to 192.168.2.1.

I have created a simple rule for the RDP protocol which works in the above
scenario perfectly, and if I did the same with the HTTP protocol I am sure it
would work a treat, but as soon as I invoke the web listener, I have this issue.

Ultimately, I am having the same issues getting OWA with forms based
authentication on this test bed, so am hoping a simple unsecure, non ssl http
solution will get me where I want to go with the OWA as I need to get this
working for many a reason.

If I were to do anything with this kit, aside from the Coyote thing, it would
be to install it at home as a nice movie storage location, given the three 72
GB 15000 rpm drives in the thing LOL.

SPLAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Clayton