403 Forbidden

  • From: "Doige, Clayton" <clayton.doige@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:04:12 +0100

Hi all, I have set up a network load balanced Terminal Services farm in
a test situation (Windows 2003 Standard SP1). I have also installed the
TSWEB component. This works great internally, however, when I am
attempting to connect to this through the ISA 2004 Firewall I get 403
Forbidden. The server denied the specified URL, blah blah blah (12202)

The rule I have set on the ISA Server has the following properties:

Action Tab: Set to allow

From Tab: set to External

To Tab: netbios name of the network loadbalancer, with 'Request appear
to come from ISA' selected

Traffic Tab: HTTP only

Listener Tab: Listener I created listens on port 80 only and uses
integrated authentication

Public Name Tab: currently set to all requests

Paths Tab: set to /tsweb (as per the documentation for TSWEB)

Bridging Tab: Web server is selected with redirect http to port 80

Users Tab: is currently all users

Schedule Tab: always

Link Translation Tab: nothing configured

Am looking up things on the mskb, and it looks like an asp error in IIS,
but was wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on what is
occurring here?

TIA

Clayton Doige

IT Project Manager