RE: 2000 to 2004 Possible Upgrade Scenarios with Seperate ISA AD Forest

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:31:40 -0400

On 9/27/05, Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll elaborate.

I admire your sense of humour; both you and Jim.  Seriously.

> That advice is wrong.

OK, you have a lot of merit and knowledge to make such statements,
however, can you please humour me this time - or if you have already,
point me to one of your posts stating why Microsoft's advice is wrong
in this case.

> The rest is just words.

Ouch... I feel sorry for the author. :)

> HTH,

It was compelling, but I was hoping that I was not going to have to
assume my aforementioned scenario #3 was the best route to take?

"3) Install 2004 as a member server of the 2000 production domain,
somehow point the clients to the new ISA server, retire the old ISA
2000 trust, forest, and server."

Cheers,

...D