[PCB_FORUM] Re: excellent point Andrew!

  • From: "Degennaro, Natalie N" <natalie.n.degennaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:07:24 -0700

Andy is right. A lot of people from Cadence 'watch' this board and
rarely comment, so you might not know they are "listening". They are
looking for feedback from their users! Most of the comments I hear back
from Cadence AE's and other Cadence personnel, is that they don't get
much feedback from the Users of the PCB Design tools, but they get
massive feedback from the Users of the IC design tools. So guess which
wheel gets greased - the squeaky one!

All of you out there who have maintenance contracts (you know who you
are), start turning in PCR's (Product Change Requests) with Cadence and
ask for what you want. Don't just turn one in and do nothing but
complain however, give constructive feedback WITH examples and keep it
up! THIS is the way to get the changes that we want in our tools that we
use!!!

How can we expect a bunch of programmers to know what we would like the
program to do, if we don't tell them what we want! Yes, I know some of
you have already been doing that, but keep it up! Don't just turn in one
PCR and not check up on it on a regular basis. Or better yet - turn in
more!

For those of you who saw the movie "Shawshank Redemption"  - remember
when Tim Robbins wrote a letter everyday to get money for books in the
Prison library, and then finally got what he wanted because the people
were getting tired of receiving his letters?

Hopefully, we Designers don't have to write the same thing for months or
years, but we should make our requests known and keep making them known
until they are resolved!

Let us PCB Designers be the squeaky-ist wheel of Cadence Users (in a
constructive manner that is).

Natalie

(this is just my own personnal opinion of course and not that of my
company)